The people; known for being hard working and polite but a fierce rivalry exists between Barcelona and Madrid.
The Language; For over 1000 years, Catalan, a combination of Spanish, Latin and medievil French, has been spoken in Catalunya.
The Religion; Roman catholicism is the most dominant faith in Spain.
The Food; influnced from all over the world, particuarly mediterainian and french cuisine.
Etiquette; Topless sunbathing is accepted on the beaches but more modesty is appropriate inland.
What to pack; If you plan to take advantage of Barcelona’s nightlife, high fashion is essential! Otherwise dressing casual is fine in the day with smart wear for the evenings.
Polocia Nacional (national police) – 091
Policia Municipail – 092
Emergency medical service – 061
- Facts, tips and advice on Barcelona – Part 2 ... in architecture, but you can't fail to be spiritually moved be the magnificence of Gaudi's Sagrada Familia in Barcelona.
Conceived in 1882 and severely damaged during the Spanish...
- Facts, tips and advice on Barcelona ... have been built and they offer comfort, quality and great value for the money, ideal for leisure and business travelers.
Barcelona as the capital of the autonomous...
- Travel advice: Pickpocketers paradise in Barcelona ... Barcelona, the home of Gaudi and his weird and wonderful architecture we began to hear some horrendous stories about Barcelona's sub-culture - the underworld of pick pocketers. But...
- Tips to take the stress out of traveling ... one day getting to Paris, one from Paris to Amsterdam, one from Amsterdam to Barcelona, and one to get home. It is very difficult to do anything enriching...
- See Gaudis Work In Barcelona ... your way down the city all the way to the Olympic Stadium and the Port. Check out Camp Nou, which is home to Barcelonas famed football team, commonly...